Sunday, August 23, 2015

Castagneto Carducci and Sasseta. 15 August.

Back in Italy, my remaining days here will be filled up with many off-the-beaten-path adventures. Today I went to a couple of small villages in the hills of Bolgheri. 

The first village on the top of a hill was Castagneto Carducci. 

It was nice to walk around this quiet little town, and see some of the churches, and life as it is acually lived in such a place. 


In fact, I passed by one home where the owner put up a sign that welcomes people to come in and view his make shift gallery of sculpture. This seemed like a more adventurous way to try to do his work, and get it in front of other people's eyes. He wasn't actually home (or at least he did not come out to talk to me while I was walking around his yard). 


The next small Tuscan hill-town was SASSETA. It was deeper in the hinterland, but along the same road as Castegneto Carducci. 


Even though it required a drive down a windy road that was starting to get me sick, I actually liked the caharacter of Sasseta a bit more than Castagneto. 



It seemed that all of the buildings were constructed with stones or bricks that were not covered by plaster. Something about this aesthetic appealed to me more, and I thought it lent the village a nice character. 








No comments:

Post a Comment